Ridmik Keyboard is an onscreen keyboard available for writing Bangla in android devices. Bangla phonetic keyboard, Unijoy layout, lots of smilies, word prediction/suggestion, learn as you type feature, you get all for free when you choose to install this keyboard in your smart phone.
Note: Please remember that your device needs to have native Bangla support (Bangla font installed & compatible skia library) to write Bangla smoothly. Disheartened? You can still write Bangla if your phone doesn’t support Bangla. Learn more
Facebook page: facebook.com/RidmikLab
- Bangla phonetic keyboard (like your favourite Avro keyboard)
- Bangla Unijoy layout (giving enough space for a key to let you press on)
- Bangla English word prediction/suggestion for faster writing
- 7 themes including Gingerbread, ICS & the Ridmik theme
- Swipe Space bar to change mode (English, Bangla, Ridmik)
- learn words as you type feature, It will learn new words from your typing predict from them afterwards.
- Unlike default gingerbread & ICS keyboard it has Enter (new line) button while typing messages.
- Long press Enter key to hide/show suggestion bar (if you’re writing in landscape mode & your phone width isn’t that much large, you’re going to like this)
- Lots of smilies (3 screens)
- Write Bangla in Bangla unsupported devices. Learn more
- Need an 11th feature? Fine, Just send an email & let me try my best :)
- Download & install the app from Android market
- Go to Settings > Language & Keyboard
- Enable Ridmik Keyboard (tick the box just beside ‘Ridmik Keyboard’
- Then open any typing field (can be new message, search box). long press on it.
- Click Input Medthods
- Select Ridmik Keyboard from the list
- Enjoy! No more steps!
Settings key & The mic key:
long press on smiley button, you’ll see these two button. these are less used, so they are not kept in front.
See the Keymap
আমার সোনার বাংলা(amar sOnar bangla), লক্ষ্ণৌ(lokkhNOU), কর্তৃত্ব(korrtrritw), শিক্ষা(shikSha/shikkha), শ্বাশ্বত(SwaSwoto/SwaSwt), ছাত্র(chatro), বৈষ্ণব(bOIShNb), সমুদ্র(somudro), রিদ্মিক(ridmik), ব্রহ্মপুত্র(brohmputro), হটাৎ(hoTaTH), চাঁদ(caqqd)
To accomodate all the letters of Bangla Alphabet, two screen is a must. you’ll find the most used keys in the first screen & you have to press Shift button to see the others.
Where are the ই, ঈ, উ…(vowels) keys?
even two screens are not enough if you want enough space for a button. you have to long press on some keys to get these keys.
|Long press on||to get|
Write Bangla in Bangla unsupported devices:
There are two ways to write Bangla if your device doesn’t have Bangla support. The first one is better but the device needs to be rooted. Then you’ll have place a Bangla font in \System\fonts\ folder & replace libskia.so with a compatible one in \System\lib\ folder.
The second one doesn’t need your device to be rooted. Go to Ridmik Keyboard Settings (find it here: Settings > Language & Keyboard). Enable ‘Use Keyboard Font’. Doing so will let you see Bangla suggestions & Bangla alphabets in fixed layout mode (Ridmik Mode) properly.
Then Search & install ‘Type Bangla’ app (free) Google Play. Start the application, type in the text input field & then just copy paste. Note that, you might face ligature (যুক্তাক্ষর) problem in this case.